Sunday, October 2, 2011

(Non) Regrets.

Hello everyone!

I hope this past week and weekend treated you well-I for one had a wonderful week (despite the piles of schoolwork that I had). Additionally, I am so very excited to be going back home next weekend: I can’t want to see all my family and (of course) one of my best friends Sonya.

These past few days have been part of a Hindu festival called ‘Navratri’ which is a festival that worships the Hindu goddess Durga. During these 9 days, people from the state of Gujarat: Gujaratis (such as myself) attend dances called Garba where everyone dances and has fun. You may recognize the dances which use ‘Dandiyas’--the sticks in this picture:



Two things about Garba:
  1. I am SO excited to go home and go to the Garbas there because they were/are such a big part of my life: I have gone every year since I was an itty bitty kid.
  2. There was a Garba here. At college. IT WAS SO FUN. I danced from 8:30 to 11:30 straight!


If any of you have a chance to go to a Garba, GO!

The reason for the name of this post is that I don't regret not doing all of the work I didn't do because this weekend was amazing :) In addition to going to Garba, I went to Ithaca's amazing apple fest (http://www.downtownithaca.com/events/view/27th-annual-downtown-ithaca-apple-harvest-festival.html)!!
I was also going to go to a Janelle Monae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmORiHNtN4&ob=av2e) concert tonight, but I think I should be a litttttleee bit responsible tonight and get some work done.

Since we are on the whole ‘Indian’ Theme, my interesting thing for today is the Bollywood movie Fashion. I have been watching it today (probably for the 4th time) while doing homework (shhhhh!), and I highly recommend it. It is not a typical Bollywood movie, but it is great! I love the soundtrack, and there is a really great HD version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMDI9m9Ck0on youtube!



No comments:

Post a Comment