Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Party like a nerd.

Helloooo Everyone!!

I apologize, it has been MUCH too long since I have posted (a not-sucky post). HOPEFULLY this will put an end to that :)

SO before I start talking about things that actually interest you (and not just myself), I will talk about things that interest just myself. haha. First: I got through that crazy week I was telling you about (relatively unscathed). YAY :D Second: It is forecasted to snow in Ithaca on Thursday >-<. I HATE THE COLD.

Okay, so this past weekend, after all of my exams, I had a dance performance! All of the Indian people at Cornell get together every fall to put on a show for Diwali (Hindu New Year), and basically everyone who wants to gets to participate. I was part of the sophomore dance--it was fun! Anyways, so of course afterwards, everyone partied. Real original. I know. So there was this HUGE party with TONS of brown people, and I took two of my (not-Indian) friends. They. Loved. It. They could not stop raving about the party and how great it was. It really struck me when one of my friends said was that it was refreshing to be at a party where the majority of people knew and liked each other as opposed to a "party" which consists of a bunch of random, sweaty, drunk people stuffed in a room. I agree. Really, what is so great about being squished and smelly? Also, grinding does not equal dancing. Sorry to all of the crazy people couples on the dance floor. Also, I wish that people still liked parties where people were NOT just randomly drunk and stuffed in a room. I think parties which consist of people who are actually friends are fun! Parties where there are games, food, discussions. I even like dance parties and parties where (legal) people drink. I just don't get how that is the only type of party and that is the ONLY way people can have fun! Also, believe it or not, dance parties can be fun without the alcohol. Crazy, I know. People rollllll their eyes at board-games. I, on the other hand, love scrabble. Hmph. What can you do?

Sooooo my cool thing for today:

On (kind-of) the same note, here is yet another article from the Cornell Daily Sun that really spoke to me.

http://cornellsun.com/section/opinion/content/2011/10/24/emptiness-being-invulnerable

It is intriguing that everything this author is saying is true. We, as a society, try SO hard (whether we like it or not) to put out an image of ourselves. What is the point in tailoring ourselves to be the people we think others want us to be? If we truly think there is a problem with the way we are, we should change it, not hide it!

Just a thought :)

It will be Diwali in approximately 35 minutes, so Happy Diwali and Saal Mubarak to everyone :)

On a last note, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! I'll love you even more if you do!!

Peace and Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment