Sunday, October 30, 2011

Social Expectations.

Hellloooooo everyone!

I hope everyone had a splendid week and is ready for the one ahead of us.

What was/is everyone for Halloween? I went to a "7 Deadly Sins" party, and so I dressed up as wrath. I wore a red dress, painted my nails red, wore red lipstick, wore black eye-shadow, wore a harsh ponytail, and wore big black earrings. Thankfully everyone at the party quickly guessed what I was, but I had to explain to everyone I saw before I got to the party what I was supposed to be. I got a lot of "What are you?! Red dress girl?? A flower?" hahaha Comment below and tell me your Halloween stories!

On a different note, I was just wondering: Have you ever wondered about when it is appropriate to friend someone on Facebook? Should you friend them right after you meet them, after you know them for a while, when they show up your news feed? Whenever I friend someone whom I don't know very well, I am always thinking....should I have friended them? Do they think I am weird/a stalker for finding them? Its often the case, however, that they show up on one of my friend's wall or my news feed and so I just send a request. I am always nervous until they accept. Is that weird? Should I have waited until I was actually very good friends with them?!?

I do have one thing to note: I have found that often, I become better friends with the person in real life as a result of our Facebook "friendship".....Who knows.
(If it was not obvious, I just friended someone on Facebook whom I don't know that well because I wanted to get to know them better haha)

Ok my cool thing for today:


This piece was composed by a guy named Shankar Tucker who is AMAZING. He has been learning the clarinet from a very accomplished Indian flute player (Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, who I saw live!) for years, has played in symphonies over here in the states, and recently has been making these videos on Youtube which I can't stop listening to. This one is one of my favorites (and the guy playing the mridangam (drums) is my friend!)

Enjoy!

Don't forget to subscribe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment