Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home.

Hellooooo Everyone!

I am so incredibly sorry that I have not been in touch for quite some while! I was home for fall break this past weekend, and needless to say it was crazy, hectic, and loads of fun. I hope everyone had as much of a wonderful weekend as I did. Now, however, it is time to get back to the grind.

You know what’s funny? The things that you realize you miss when you get home. There is the obvious: my bed, my room, my desk. Oh. And my family I guess. But you know what I miss as well? Right now, I am sitting in my own living room, in front of my own TV, on my own couch, under my own blanket, next to one of my own best friends while my own parents are in the next room. Somehow, this is the best part of my weekend. Not the food (surprisingly enough haha), not the time I spent talking with everyone, and not even the Garba we went to (see post before this one).
Yes. You do have permission to make fun of that extremely sappy paragraph. 

Sooooo, I figure, that since I love to cook, I would try to post some recipes every now and then when I think of one. I have not cooked in a while, and I usually do not follow a recipe (I do a lot of putting whatever is in the fridge together to make something edible haha).

So my “cool thing” for today is a recipe! (Warning: it is nothing special or exciting: my favorite dishes are super casual and easy).

Today, I have a sandwich for you.

Ingredients:
-Bread (I prefer pita), or you could do two slices of your fave
-A couple slices of your favorite cheese: I think gruyere is delicious in this sandwich, or provolone works splendidly
-Tomato slices
-Cucumbers
-Olives
-Hot peppers (if you please, I like banana)
-Hummus
-Onions
-Anything else that sounds yummy to you. I am vegetarian, so I don't eat meat, but I feel like turkey could work here.
-Salt and pepper (I also like some ground rosemary….or rosemary bread!!!)
-Here’s the kicker: PESTO
Pesto is super easy, all you need is some leaves, oil, salt and pepper, cheese, and some nuts. I like spinach and almonds. Basil and walnuts is also great. ANYTHING GOES!! Just stick it all in the food processor and drizzle in olive oil while it’s on. Some balsamic vinegar could also taste really good.

I hope you all know how to put together a sandwich, but a tip I have is to put the olives on top of the hummus to that they don't roll around!

I know. Revolutionary. I warned you it would be earth shattering.
At the very least, I hope I  made you hungry!!! 
And yes, you have permission to make fun of the recipe as well haha


Good day to you all! May you have a better week than I am going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment