Thursday, December 29, 2011

Vacation.

Who knew vacation was such a great time for watching so much TV that I feel my brain coming out of my ears? Literally, that is all I have been doing. I went to the library to get a bunch of books, but all  I have done is watch a bunch of Christmas movies and half a season of Gossip Girl. I don't even like that show. It is just so addicting.

Anywhooo besides my TV watching habits, my family has a New Year's Eve party every year. This year, it's going to be a little bit bigger because my sister Tanvi just graduated from University of Maryland (Wooo!!) (and she already got a job!), and so she decided to make the party into somewhat of a graduation party as well.

[Ok, before I continue, I have to sidetrack. My sister had the most AMAZING week last week. It was her birthday, she graduated, and got a job. I hope I at some point have a week as great as that!]

Anyways, let me continue. So I do have a lot to do so that I can help my mom with prepping for the party. I am meant to make an eggplant dish. I am not sure what I am going to do. I guess I'll just make it up as I go along. Don't tell my mom though haha (she thinks I know exactly what I am doing). I think I started talking about the New Year's Eve party because I had a funny story....but this is not funny. Sorry.

So I have been looking at eggplant dishes, and I found a few that look good. I think I am going to combine a few recipes. I am pretty sure there are some procedures to cooking eggplant so that it is not bitter that I don't know.....

For my cool thing, I will share a recipe (of eggplant) that I thought sounded delicious from the foodnetwork website:

It's called Eggplant Rollatini.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/eggplant-rollatini-recipe2/index.html



I usually am not a huge fan of Giada (She over pronounces EVERYTHING. We get it. You're Italian. Goodness Gracious), but this looks reallllyyy good.

I would have to make some modifications thought since I am making it for a party. I am probably going to skip the cheese mixture, cut up to eggplant into little pieces and roast them and then put the tomato sauce and reduce it a bit and then melt some cheese on top. Ok. That is a completely different recipe. haha oh well. Good starting point. But I think I will make this at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment