Sunday, September 18, 2011

Why I am here.

The time has come for me to write to you all again.  I’m not going to lie, I was eagerly awaiting today so that I could finally post again (because apparently it’s good to keep a schedule when posting **I hope you can see me rolling my eyes here**).

So today, I am going to (try to) answer the question, “What am I doing here?” I am going to talk about my purpose for this blog and what you might be expecting every week.

When I was thinking for a topic for my blog, I started brainstorming, and I came up with some, what I think, are really cool ideas, and so I discussed them with my friends (Sonya and Azzah, if you recall from before). I thought of, for example, a blog called “Somebody Has to Say It” where I would talk about silly things I have seen people do or wear, but I decided that would potentially be really mean (although Sonya thought it would be hilarious). I thought of blogging about my dream house since I am always looking at pictures and thinking of ideas for a dream house (it’s my nerdy hobby). In fact, it is so much so my nerdy hobby that you will probably see some things about my dream house now and again anyways. I also thought about a blog called “Stuff my Mother Says” because let’s face it, she says a lot.

Anyways, in the end, I decided to just have a blog about nothing in particular. Sonya and I decided that it may be more prudent to see if it takes its own direction. So I am going to write about my life (because you are all so interested in it, I know), anything that takes my interest/fancy, and whatever I feel like. BUT one thing I did decide (about 3 seconds ago) is that I will post one interesting/funny/silly thing that caught my attention that day. Whether it be a picture, something someone said, an article online, or just a thought that I have.

SO **Drumroll Please** My interesting thing for today:


I am going to share with you all an article that my friend wrote, which I think is quite hilarious. Just for some background information, Cornell was named, by some magazine, the douchiest school in America. Now personally, I think this is hilarious. Please read the article and laugh at the hotelies (which I am one of). 

http://cornellsun.com/section/opinion/content/2011/09/16/real-douchiest-college-america (Please read the article before my anecdote below.)


I am just going to add a note about our culinary course. During the first few months of college last year, I was in the computer lab quietly doing my business computing homework (which by the way is actually a difficult course), and these two girls rushed into the lab, calling a LOT of attention to themselves. They were in a HUGE frenzy: one of them was saying “this says that you have to whip until there are soft white peaks. WHAT ARE SOFT WHITE PEAKS??!?!”. Apparently they had a test that day. I remember thinking first “duh. Soft white peaks are what form when you whip egg whites” and second “only in the hotel school would student be freaking about something as silly as that”.  But, I do have to say, some of my friends are taking culinary now, and apparently it is indeed difficult….. Needless to say, I unfortunately agree with my friend: hotelies are the douchiest in the university.

***On a side note, if it was not obvious, not all hotelies are douchy, just some of them (namely not me haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment